Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Northwest Georgia: Hillcrest Orchards


After Burt's Farm, the next stop on our list was Hillcrest Orchards.


This stop was fun but definitely the best stop for Miss Izzy. She had a blast.


From the Jumping Pillow...


to the live music...


to the petting zoo...


to the big slides...


to the zipline...


my little niece was in toddler heaven.


It was fun to watch her. I look forward to going back when Jack and Levi can participate in all of the fun as well.


We skipped on watching the pig races -- the crowd was a bit much. We also skipped the tractor ride and getting to milk a cow. Though Daniel and Jack did watch some other kids take their turn.


For lunch, I managed to waste spend $28 on food. Don't get me wrong, it was great food. Daniel was a trooper and stood in a long line to get us a hamburger {him}, BBQ sandwich {me} and a bottle of water to share. For a cost of $12. I took two bites out of my delicious sandwich, then set it in my lap to take a picture and promptly knocked my sandwich out of my lap onto the ground. Daniel said that I couldn't apply the 10-second rule since were at a farm. So. That meant I got the pleasure of getting back in a {really, really, really} long line to spend more money on food. Another $16 and we had ripple fries, chicken on a stick and roasted corn on the cob to round out my rather expensive lunch. All of it was good, I just wish I hadn't dumped my sandwich on the ground.


After such a busy day, the adults and babies were starting to get tired. Izzy, on the other hand, was still going strong. Daniel, Mark, Jack and I took advantage of having a second car to make an early exit.


Thankfully we beat the afternoon crowds -- by the time we left it was quite the madhouse. We enjoyed our day and I look forward to going back... maybe when it isn't so busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...