Friday, November 21, 2014

Baby #2: 19 Week Ultrasound

This morning we had our big ultrasound where we learned that our baby is healthy and growing on track for the April 18th due date. Our baby's current size is 9oz. We heard a strong heartbeat of 148bpm, and saw all of the appendages, along with a good spine and sweet profile. 


For this ultrasound, we had Jack tag along so he could see the baby. On the way there, we discussed how we were going to see the baby at a special doctor's appointment. I explained we would go in a dark room and I would lay down and we would see the baby. In the car, Jack seemed pretty on board with the experience. Once there, he was shy and quiet. He pointed out that every time the ultrasound tech pushed a button it made a beeping noise. He's 3, so I'm sure he didn't totally get what was going on, but it was sweet to share this experience with both him and Daniel.


This pregnancy has been so different from my first. We have decided (for now) not to find out the sex of baby #2. With Jack, we were excitedly picking out names as soon as this big ultrasound was over. This time we are just taking it slow. To be honest, I haven't even thought about names.


According to a previous blog post about my pregnancy with Jack, it is interesting to see that the heart rate of baby #2 is similar to what Jack's heartbeat was at this point. Also, looking back, it seems that I am showing about the same in this pregnancy as I was with Jack. However, this baby is very different in that it is extremely squirmy. The ultrasound tech had a hard time getting good pictures that weren't blurry! Jack was really mellow in the womb, so I am anxious to discover if this baby will be busier outside the womb. Also, being pregnant in the winter verses the summer has been different in terms of being sick. I am still fighting off a chest cold. Thankfully my OB gave me a couple of prescriptions that I am hoping will help me at least sleep at night.


As always, getting to see your baby on an ultrasound is a sweet experience. I'm thankful there was no need to be anxious at this appointment. We were able to just relish the experience. Next week I will post about being halfway through this pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Cheree! Congratulations on baby #2! What is your favorite restaurant? Remember to add it to your Besty List! http://www.thebesty.com/mohaus

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...