Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Withdraw

On Monday I had to withdraw one of my students who had missed 7 days of class. According to the head of the department, whether or not she had excuses, 7 days equaled a withdrawal.

She had also missed several assignments and a test and never got around to buying a text book - I had been nice and let her use mine from time to time.


So I filled out the paperwork and then she showed up to class. I felt bad having to tell her that I had withdrawn her from my class, but not too bad since she had made little effort so far this semester. I told her that if she had any questions that she could take it up with the head of the department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...