Monday, February 02, 2009

CraigsList

CraigsList is a truly fascinating thing. We use it regularly to find good deals and also to sell off old stuff that we no longer want. We once sold a family of 3 non-working lawn mowers to a man through CL. It is also interesting in that in brings you in contact with people you might not interact with otherwise. Yesterday we sold our old couch and chair (that we purchased when we first got married for $100 in Nashville from a retired couple) to a couple of young guys from India who barely spoke English. Then tonight we sold our old microwave to a woman who was so sweet and friendly that if I met her in real life I think we would instantly be friends. Unfortunately you don't exactly become friends with someone by selling them a microwave on a dark, rainy night from your porch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...