Saturday, February 28, 2009

House Progress

Friday nights we try to keep open to do fun things. This way our life doesn't consist of only work (at work and at home on our house). So last night we headed out to hang out with my friends from work for an evening of home-made pizza, wii, old-school Nintendo and YouTube videos. It was a good way to kick off the weekend.

This morning we woke up to a wet, dreary day, but tried to motivate ourselves to get stuff done on the house. We succeeded in sealing the basement floor. We should be able to wax it Monday night and then I can start painting it (and we can move our washer/dryer back into the laundry room to do some much needed laundry). Hopefully the following weekend we can install all of the baseboards and then we can check the basement renovation off of the list.


Due to the wet weather, we didn't get a whole lot done with the bathroom tiling - all of the final tiles are prepped for cutting. We just need some warmer days to do it. We may suck it up and try to tile some tomorrow, but we are not holding our breaths as snow is in the forecast which = cold.


We feel pretty good about our dreary-day accomplishments and are going to go see Valkyrie at the dollar theater. We may try to grab paint at Lowes if we have time. Everything is really starting to come together and I can't wait for it to all be done... a party may be in order to celebrate our 3+ years of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...