Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Something's Got To Give

I have been missing from the land of blogging lately. Actually I have been MIA from a lot of things. Being a {new-ish} mom who also works as a freelance designer from home means that some weeks are crazy busy. Last week was one of those weeks. 

While I worked to meet tight deadlines to help a new client get ready for an upcoming trade show, groceries were not bought; dinners were not made; workouts were skipped; the house was not cleaned; books were not read; sleep was in short supply; and Daniel was left to fend for himself.

Somehow I managed to take care of my boy, but that is not a lifestyle I would want to maintain for any appreciable amount of time. 

I feel so blessed to be able to work from home with the flexibility to take on new work or turn down projects if my plate gets too full. I am still learning how to balance this new life of mine. I don't always get it right, but hope that I will get better at the balance part as I continue to navigate this new world of work-at-home-mom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Up until recently we have not bothered to buckle Jack into any of his stationary seats {baby rocker, rock 'n play, high chair, etc.}. Last week I set Jack in his baby rocker while I got caught up on my emails. 


After a few distracted minutes, I looked up to see that Jack was no longer in the rocker.


He was on the floor.


Little guy had figured out how to thrust his little body until he wormed his way out of the chair! Thankfully it was only a four-inch drop to the floor and little guy was not bothered by the experience.


In the future, we will be sure to buckle our little one in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...