Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pancakes for Two

In the last month or so, feeding Jack has become more of a challenge. I'm not sure if he is just getting pickier or if teething is part of the problem. Maybe this is just a normal toddler phase? Out of curiosity I spent a couple of days tracking his calories and discovered that he was a bit low in the calorie department. Thus began the hunt for foods that he will eat, that are relatively healthy and will provide a few extra calories for my little man.


The other day my sister posted a picture of our mom's pancake recipe to Instagram and I figured that I should give it a try too. Evidently my neice and nephew eat Pancakes for Two every day.



This morning I whipped up this easy recipe, adding in blueberries for a little extra nutrition... Jack finished off an entire banana as well as two pancakes! That is the most he has consumed for breakfast in awhile. I am one happy mama.



I like that my mom's recipe is specifically for two people. It works for two adults or someone with young kids. Basically anyone that doesn't need a huge batch of pancakes on their hands. You can increase the recipe fairly easily as well {she even includes a brief note about that}.



My favorite tip is that she is very specific on when to flip the pancakes. 
Best pancake tip ever in my book!



Pancakes for Two
1/2 cup flour (*or use 1/2 cup self rising flour without baking powder and salt)
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt

Add to mixture:
1 egg
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup milk (add 2 or 3 more tbsp to make a thinner batter)

To cook:
Pour batter in fry pan that has about 1 tbsp oil (or substitute cooking spray or butter)
Turn when bubbles stay open
 
Makes 4 med. pancakes
*if you double the recipe, you don't double the egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...