Monday, April 14, 2014

Cooking with Pinterest.3

Here are my thoughts on the Pinterest recipes I tried last week:

Tuesday
Tuscan Chicken Skillet via The Wanderlust Kitchen


This dish reminded me of Chicken Cacciatore. It was fairly good but I didn't love the flavors, maybe too much oregano and thyme? Jack enjoyed the beans, chicken and mushrooms, though he still isn't a big fan of tomatoes (just like his daddy). If you wanted carbs with this meal, I think it would pair nicely with rice.


Parent Score 3.5/5 | Toddler Score 4/5 

Wednesday 
BBQ Chicken and Avocado Quessadillas via Inside BruCrew Life


This was a super easy meal to make, which was perfect for mid week. However, Jack wasn't a big fan of it. I think he ate two bites, and his quessadilla didn't even have avocado on it! I think if I made this again, I would take the time to caramelize red onions to go with the chicken. Also, I really should have served it with a side of black beans or some other veggie to make it a bit healthier.


I used Colby-Jack cheese instead of Mozzarella and melted butter in the pan for cooking the quessadillas.
Parent Score 4/5 | Toddler Score 1/5 


Thursday 
Sausage and Tortellini Soup via Tracey's Culinary Adventures


I don't cook the same meal very often, but I have made a variation of this soup on and off for years. I really love the flavor that the sausage brings and it is really easy to whip up. Jack really likes tortellini, but still won't touch the tomatoes or spinach.

Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 4/5 

Between the Tuscan Chicken and Tortellini Soup, we had plenty of leftovers this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...