Skip to main content

What I Wore Wednesday, Baby Edition Week 20

Today I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday. I am definitely not a person that pays a lot of attention to style. I live in blue jeans and red tennis shoes and whatever shirt I can find that is clean. Either that, or workout clothes. 

I am fascinated with how the human body changes during pregnancy and how different clothes can make you look more or less pregnant. It is also interesting how the time of day effects how pregnant I look. I'm just past the halfway mark of this pregnancy and thought it would be fun to document a full week of how my body is changing. If you're not interested in that, no worries, carry on with your life.

Thursday, post Thanksgiving meal. This was the most pregnant I have looked thus far. 
This picture was late in the day after lots of good food.

Friday evening. Photo taken in the late afternoon.

Photo taken in the morning. I think the Thanksgiving food had finally worn off by this day.

Sunday, ready for church.
Photo taken early in the morning. 

Monday, heading out the door for a Pump class at the Y.
Photo taken about mid morning. 

Tuesday, pretty typical of what I wear during the week after my workout.
Photo taken in the afternoon (post Boot Camp class at the Y). 

Wednesday, running out the door for preschool drop off.
Photo taken early in the morning. 

I am still wearing my regular clothes (including pants), but it's nice to have some maternity clothes to throw on. Sweaters are very forgiving and perfect for cold days.


Popular posts from this blog

Baby Update: 32 Weeks, What's It Like to Have Polyhydramnios

I have had some questions about how I am feeling so I thought I would share what it has been like for me to experience Polyhydramnios with this pregnancy. If you have missed my previous posts, I have too much amniotic fluid in my uterus which makes my belly really big and it also causes early contractions (and possibly labor) because my body thinks it is further along than it is. For me it meant a hospital stay at almost-30 weeks to stop contractions.

Yesterday I had my follow up with the high-risk OB. Their ultrasound measurements showed the fluid is currently 21cm (which is below the risk). The measurements are a bit of an art project with different people getting different numbers (last week I was still measuring 25cm). The doctor I saw said they will continue to measure and assess me on a weekly basis for now. According to him, once I make it to 34 weeks, they would not try to prevent birth if I went into labor. He also mentioned wanting to induce me at 38 weeks. We shall see... my…

Weekend Project: Sign Art

UPDATE 01/07/16
This project is by far my most viewed post thanks to Pinterest and also this blog post from Make Magazine in 2014. If you are interested in purchasing a PDF of the words from me, you may do so for $20. Contact me at cheree dot moore at gmail dot com to make the purchase. If you make your own sign, I would love to hear about and see your results!

For some time, I have been intrigued by the idea of transferring printed art to wood. Specifically the transfer of words (or typography). Sign art is all over the internet – be it blogs I follow or Pinterest – and I have had an itch to try my hand at it. 

Daniel and I had some scrap wood from pallets from our move to Alabama that was in good shape and I thought that this wood gave me the perfect opportunity to create a (cheap) sign for our living room.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to go on the sign and then it took even longer to research how I would do the transfer. Actually doing the project took even longer sin…

It's the Final Countdown

Three long years ago, we learned that Daniel was going to be relocated from working in Hollywood, Alabama to two hours north in Spring City, Tennessee. We knew it was coming, but it still turned our world upside down. We spent eight months living out of suitcases, in and out of hotels and vacation homes during the week, until finally settling into our current home on Signal Mountain.
We both felt strongly that we made the right choice in regard to the location of our new home, but we knew it would be a difficult journey – Daniel's new position promised long hours, with a 70-minute commute each way. We were told the job would last about a year, so we hoped and prayed for the best.
To say it's been a hard experience would be an understatement. Jack went through a phase where he didn't believe that Daniel lived at our house. Which was kind of true. For months on end, Daniel worked 6-7 days a week, and sometimes weeks at a time without a day off. The hours were lo…