Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Spring Break 2017: Play


While we did spend a portion of Spring Break in Florida visiting family, most of our break was spent at home, playing and doing fairly low-key activities.

We had been go-go-go for the previous five weeks and I was feeling the need to take it slow. I think it was necessary for all of us.


While we did some fun things in Florida, play was also an integral part of our days there. Jack and Isaac happily played in their cousin's back yard: imagining, digging, running and being free. We also visited several parks and Jack had his first opportunity to go fishing.


The play time was great for them and it gave my sister and I a chance to catch up. While the beach was fun, these memories of unfettered play with their cousins are the ones I hope they hang on to.


Even though the weather was cool (especially for Florida) the kids still managed to get wet every single day. I don't know what it is about water, but it draws kids like a moth to a flame!


Once we were home from Florida, we took things easy. We got up every morning and made pancakes.


We had play dates with friends: swimming at our Y and playing at various playgrounds.

And we also went to the library to pick out new books, and then spent time at home reading and playing board games.


It was slow and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...