Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Spring Break 2017: Tallahassee Eats


One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to try out new places to eat. Our recent trip to Tallahassee provided several great opportunities to do this. Thankfully the kids typically do really well in restaurants and this trip was no exception.


Our first opportunity to eat out, my sister and her family took us to one of their favorite pizza joints: Momo's Pizza. Their tagline is "slices as big as your head" and they really were huge! You buy your pizza by the slice. I chose a supreme slice for myself and a four-cheese slice for the boys to split. It was so much pizza! And so delicious. We could have split one slice between the three of us. The leftovers were great too, though.


Second up was Angelo & Son's Tropical Shrimp Trader Company. This restaurant was in Panacea not Tallahassee, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. This was our big seafood day after an afternoon of beach play.


Angela and I both picked a seafood platter to split with our kiddos. I also ordered an extra order of hush puppies for Jack. We managed to finish it all. Fried seafood at the beach is one of my faves!


Our third opportunity to eat out came in the form of brunch on Sunday after church. We attempted to eat at two different Canopy Road Cafe locations but they were slammed. As a back up we ended up going to Jenny's Lunchbox  and it was a big hit (even if we were crammed around a tiny table).


As a bonus we let Jack and Levi sit at their own table and they were perfect little gentleman. They even ordered their own food (pancakes) and didn't bother anyone (us or any other customers) for the duration of brunch. It's hard to believe that these two little 5-year-olds are capable of eating on their own at a sit-down restaurant!


I am a sucker for breakfast out and Jenny's Lunchbox did not disappoint. Jack had pancakes and I had fried eggs with ham and toast and also a side of biscuits and gravy (that I shared with Isaac). This little dive is worth a visit if you love a good home-made breakfast that you don't have to make yourself.


Finally, on our last day we drove up to Thomasville, Georgia on our way home so that we could go to Jonah's Fish & Grits. My sister had been raving about it, so we thought it would be a good way to end our trip.


Angela and I both had a grouper sandwich and it was out of this world. Their hush puppies really were the best ever, and the chowder I tried was divine. It's hard to find chowder in the south and man, this was good soup. It was a perfect way to end our trip.


Before leaving town we walked the kids down the block to The Mix for frozen yogurt.


If I'm being honest, this was probably the top pick for the kids in regards to food for the entire weekend. We let them pick ice cream and a reasonable amount of toppings and they were in kid heaven. Perfect way to end our spring break trip to see cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...