Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Bonus Hike: Signal Point to Julia Falls Overlooks

 
Public schools are currently meeting four days a week with students being home on Wednesdays. I’m sure that will change again soon, but for now we are taking advantage of hanging out with our PS friends when possible.

Wednesday is normally our day to hike with homeschool friends (more about that in my next post), so we decided to pull double duty and meet with friends before lunch and do our regular hike after lunch.

 
It was a fun day, but we are all exhausted now!

For the morning hike we met up with one other family at Signal Point. It was 30* out and we made a plan to hike and then get hot chocolate after our hike.


 
We started down the main stairs of the trail but the boys quickly peeled off, wanting to explore the bluffs. They found some really cool places to climb and lots of little caves in the rock wall above us.
 
 
After exploring, we got back on the trail and went to the Julia Falls overlook, making lots of stops for the boys to climb boulders and walk on logs.
 

We all worked up a sweat even though it was a chilly morning, and finished up at Mayfly for hot drinks and treats.


This is our 12th hike for the year. We clocked 1.5 miles bringing total miles for this year to 33.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...