Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Snow Storm 2021

I don't want to make light of the fact that many people throughout the south have been suffering over the last several days. There have been frigid temps and ice on roads that can't be cleared and snow over 6 inches deep. Texas has been experiencing rolling power outages as power companies are unable to meet the needs of the people. I have many friends who are experiencing this first hand. In Arkansas, my parents have power but are dealing with heating units that cannot keep the house warm. There is nothing I can do, and I have been on my knees praying daily.


That being said, our little corner of the USA has not had the same experience. We had about 36 hours of temperatures below 20, but almost no precipitation. It snowed all day long – sweet, gentle, swirling flakes – but there was only about half an inch of accumulation.
 

I spent most of the day cozied up by our wood-burning stove while my boys found that they didn't need a whole lot of snow to sled down our property. By the end of the day they had recruited friends to "sled" with them. This resulted in one busted sled and lots of giggles. 

 

 
They were hopeful for more snow, but made the most of what they had. We ended the day by the fire watching The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be for everyone still struggling through this intense arctic blast. I know it has been a really hard week for so many. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...