Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentines

As a couple, we have never been big on celebrations. Covid and the fact that we have only ate inside a restaurant twice in the last twelve months made it pretty certain Valentines would be low-key this year.



And you know what? It was. And it was fine.
 

We are getting ready for a big trip in a few weeks and Daniel has some general vehicle maintenance he needs to complete before we leave. This is a big deal to him. Having a clean garage to work in, is also important to him.
 

So we spent the weekend, as a family, cleaning and organizing and getting this cleared so he could pull the new truck into the garage for maintenance. Did I mention the fact that it is so big that only half can fit in at a time? Or the fact that there is only 5 inches of clearance (total) on the sides?!?
 

 
So this year, Valentine's was mostly about supporting him. In the end, that supports family goals of getting on the road. And I am ok with that. There weren't flowers or a fancy meal. I did pick up chocolates for all of us, and Isaac requested take-out from our local Chinese restaurant. 
 
And it was a good day. 

 
To top things off, the boys have been working hard at building there own stuff while I helped Daniel. Jack built a little workbench, completely on his own. It was strong enough he could stand on it when he finished. Building appears to be his new favorite hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...