Monday, August 27, 2007

Another Tree Fell In Our Back Yard/Family Reunion Recap

This is so bizarre... Daniel and I had just got back into town from my family reunion in Kentucky. As we pulled into the neighborhood, I made an offhand comment about how I hoped we didn't have any trees fall while we were away. I should have knocked on wood b/c as soon as we pulled into the driveway we noticed some branches in the back yard. When we went to investigate, we discovered that a tree from our neighbor's yard had fallen and is laying across our back yard. We have probably spent a month of weekend's in the last year cutting up fallen trees. Hopefully our neighbors will do the right thing and take care of this one. I am still incredulous.

We had a wonderful time with my family. There were 34 out of 36 of my extended family all together in Kentucky for Friday - Monday. We can from North Bay, Ontario; Manitoulin Island, Ontario; Toronto, Ontario; Port Colborne, Ontario; Welland, Ontario; Auburn Hills, Michigan; Charlotte, North Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee; Memphis, Tennessee & Searcy, Arkansas. This is the first time in a long time that everyone has been all together like this and it was truly a lot of fun as well as a good time to reconnect.


We had fun playing games, hanging out, swimming and visiting. The food was good and the company was better. The best part of my whole weekend was Sunday night when we had skit night and my brother was asked to do a skit by our cousins. Jonathan took Mark downstairs while Joel told us that Mark didn't know it but he would be demonstrating "going to the bathroom" for us. Mark came up and sat in a chair and started doing all sorts of crazy antics... turns out Jonathan told him that he was riding a roller coaster. This was the most hysterical roller coaster ride I have ever seen. My stomach hurt so much from laughing. Angela video taped the whole thing and will post it on YouTube. I could watch it over and over and it would still make me laugh every time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...