Friday, August 31, 2007

Evan Almighty

Daniel and I met for lunch at McAllister's and then spent several hours at Lowe's going over our planned purchases for the master bathroom renovation. We have a 10% off coupon for Lowe's that expires soon and there are some great sales this weekend for Labor Day so we were planning our shopping trip. It looks like we will probably spend a big chunk of money which is overwhelming... but it is in the name of progress...


After Lowe's we stopped by the dollar theater and decided to catch the matinee of Evan Almighty. It was a cute movie. Mostly it brought to life many of my personal thoughts about Noah. I cannot begin to fathom how I would react if God requested that I do something that seemed nonsensical to me.

In Evan Almighty, Evan tried to fight God. He tried to be sneaky and do what he thought would please both God and man, but God did not give him a choice. How hard would that be to keep doing what God said even when people were laughing at you and then on top of it to know you didn't really have a choice?


I really like how they showed the change in Evan and how even his wife eventually came to realize that even though it seemed silly she needed to support Evan. Even when crowds of people gathered to gawk and laugh while they worked, the family continued to do God's will. I would definitely recommend this movie. It is cute, has some good laughs and as well as a powerful message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...