Thursday, October 04, 2007

Autumn

Autumn is my favorite season of the year. I am sad that it really doesn't feel like autumn yet. Somehow, even though we have had almost no rain this summer, most of the trees around here are green or dead, but the leaves are not changing yet.

Also the weather has been weird. It cooled down a bit last week, but this week is humid and mid-80's - I am ready for cool, crisp weather that invites me to wear a sweater.


I am hoping for a fall-like feeling this weekend on our camping trip in the mountains. Camping is always better when it is cool - there are no bugs, a camp fire feels nice and cozy, you don't sweat in your sleeping bag, the cold air makes you feel alive when you hike... I could ramble about this for a while. Mostly I am anxious for a real change in the season. I hope it happens soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...