Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Whirlwind

I have been on the job hunt for a few months now. Charlotte has proved to be an extremely difficult market for freelancing and for graphic design jobs in general. If you want to live in Charlotte, you pretty much need to plan on being a banker or involved in real estate (this works for Daniel because his job is land development which leads to real estate).

Anyways, I digress... A while back a friend from Ft Worth contacted me about a possible position with her company. I figured, "what the heck" and I sent in my resume/application. And then I waited. About a week and a half ago I finally had a phone interview and then I waited some more. Last night I got the call that about a face-to-face interview for Friday, so I booked tickets to Dallas.


Today, at noon, I will be flying to Dallas to stay with our good friends, Taryn and Troy, for the weekend. I am not sure what God has in store for me or if this will even pan out. I just continue to pray for God's direction as I continue with the job process.


On a side note I am thrilled with
www.hotwire.com as I was able to get last minute tickets, round trip, out of Charlotte for just over $300 (Charlotte is not noted for being a cheap place to fly out of)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...