Monday, January 14, 2008

Scheduling Conflicts

Now that I am teaching at night on Monday and Wednesday, this pretty much guarantees that I will see little to none of Daniel on these days (I won't be getting home until 10 p.m. and the chances are that he will be in bed already).

Also, on Tuesday nights, he goes to a bible study with some guys from our church and is basically gone all evening... so this means that from Sunday when we go to bed until Thursday evening, we will barely see each other.


Not sure how I feel about this, but we will get through it.


The craziest thing right now for me is that I have to come up with all of these lesson plans. Creating quizzes and lecture material really takes a LONG time. So I haven't had time to go to the grocery store, the dishwasher needs to be unloaded and reloaded, laundry is piling up... I cannot imagine teaching a full load for the first time - I would have no time to get anything done. At least for now, I have 3 days off to take care of stuff around the house.


The other issue is eating dinner. Since my classes go from 5 p.m. - 9:15 p.m. the only time I can eat is during the breaks between classes and that means I have to prepare ahead of time to take things with me... This is so much more complicated than working a 8-5 job that does not require "homework."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...