Sunday, February 17, 2008

Everyday Edisons Weekend

The past 3 days have been a bit of a blur - was I really just in San Jose, California??? I actually had a really good time at the Everyday Edisons casting call and feel very well bonded with all of my co-workers.

As you might have read in my last note, this past Friday, 40 of us headed out of Charlotte, NC for San Jose, CA for the second of 5 casting calls for Season Three of Everyday Edisons.


This was my first one, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. I ended up doing a little of everything. I spent the morning taking pictures - my favorite was an inventor who was dressed like Elvis. I also spent time being a runner - this means taking paperwork from people who made it through round 1 down to our attorneys to make sure that patents were in order and that there was no legal issues. Following this I spent time with the attorneys helping them catch up on paperwork. I spent time being a gopher. And in the afternoon until early evening, I helped in the studio where approved contestants were filmed on a set with the final judges.


I really enjoyed the whole process. I was able to help in a lot of different ways as well as talking with all of the inventors. I would love to share some of the ideas (both good and bad) but I am not sure if I can or not...so I will hold off for now.


I had an excellent time. Yesterday was a 12+hour work day so I was pretty tired. Today was another travel day and I am wiped out, but happy to be home. Just wish I had a little more time to explore San Jose.


Next month we are off to Dallas, TX...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...