Thursday, March 04, 2010

the good. the bad. and the random. (First Week Living Apart, March 2010)

The Good: 
I have managed to get up and run {just under} 2 miles every day this week.
The Bad: 
Sophie sometimes gets distracted and yanks on her leash. This is leading to some minor knee pain.
And The Random: 
I am much more likely to drink enough water when I have a 32 oz. Nalgene bottle on my desk {please don't lecture me on BPA}. Drinking all of this water requires extra trips to the bathroom.

The Good: 
I am getting a lot done on the house.
The Bad: 
I don't have time to cook, so I am eating a lot of fast food.
And The Random: 
I have never been to a Jack In The Box before... when you are eating fast food regularly, you gotta mix it up.
Note: I'll be glad when the house is listed and I don't have to work on house projects. This will give me more time to cook and it will be better for my health and {more importantly} my waistline. I might be in trouble if it weren't for the daily running thing.
The Good: 
Daniel gets off at noon tomorrow {instead of 5} and should be home around dinner time.
The Bad: 

We are having a realtor come over first thing Saturday morning, so we are going to have to kick it into high gear and spend our Friday together cleaning.
And The Random: 

The freak March snow storm in Charlotte this week made our yard MUDDY. Sophie had fun running in the mud and then came in and sat on my new, gray chaise. Thank goodness I got the stain out with a can of carpet cleaner that I happened to have laying around {we don't have carpets, so no idea why we have carpet cleaner}.

The Good: 

I have 6 new books to read {requested from the library}.
The Bad: 

They all became available at the SAME time and I have had no time to read this week.
And The Random: 

I went to the dentist this week and still have ZERO cavities. That's right. I am almost 30 and have lived my life cavity FREE.

The Good: 

My family has been awesome at calling and checking on me during this first week flying solo.
The Bad: 

All of these phone calls take away from my time to work on the house {PLEASE KEEP CALLING}.
And The Random:  

Daniel had to go ahead and decide on all of his benefits this week. So he elected to get the family plan since we have to plan long term. This means I am currently double insured {is that possible?} and I am going to have to tell my HR to cancel my insurance. I guess I am going to have to tell them sooner or later...

The Good: 

I have been able to read lots of blogs because we are slow at work.
The Bad: 

We are slow at work.
And The Random: 

Daniel came down with a fluke sickness as soon as he started work. This could be from staying with friends who have 2 little ones or the fact that he dropped his toothbrush on the floor and adhered to the 10 second rule {did I really just tell you that?}.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. very informative and creative. it can be your signature if you keep it up weekly. but who cares, b/c you are a good blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...