Thursday, March 04, 2010

Salmon Packets


This is my quick fix meal that is super healthy. We eat this twice a month.

Ingredients
2 salmon filets {I prefer fresh}
1 red bell pepper, sliced
One time my husband freaked out when he saw the price of red bell peppers as opposed to green. He persuaded me to substitute the green. I told him it would not taste good. But he insisted. From this experience, I can tell you, without a doubt, that green bell peppers DO NOT work in this recipe.
Sugar Snap Peas {I use one handful per pack}
Salt & Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
White Wine

Directions
Heat oven to 400F.
Tear off sheets of aluminum foil for your packs. Fold edges up to prevent liquid from spilling.
Slice bell pepper and put half in one packet, half in the other.
Place handful of peas in each packet.
Season with salt & pepper.

Drizzle olive oil (about a tsp) on top of vegetables. 
Pour 1 tbsp of wine on veggies.
Pour 1 tsp of lemon juice on veggies.
Place salmon, skin side down, on top of veggies.
Season with salt & pepper.

Drizzle olive oil (about a tsp) on top of salmon.
Pour 1 tsp of lemon juice on salmon.
Fold edges of tin foil in. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until salmon is flaky and no longer pink.

This will serve 2. You can adapt the recipe as needed.

 

I’m linking up at GoodRecipesOnline.com

Over-used Recipes Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...