Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I could use some pampering...

My days are all running together. Yesterday I worked all day, came home and cleaned my house like a mad woman before falling into bed around 10PM. I went to bed "early" because I had waxed my basement floor and decided Sophie and I should not hang out in front of the TV in a room full of fumes. Then I didn't even sleep well :(

Today, I ran home during lunch to let the photographer in to take our house pics for our listing - Sophie did not like this one bit. Then it was back to work for moi. After work, I rushed home to pick up Sophie {we were out of dog food and I hated leaving her home by herself and starving}. We ran to Lowe's to pick up door pulls for closets, then to PetSmart to pick up dog food. She ate in the car in the parking lot. Then to McDonald's for me {I haven't cooked in almost a month, this is a sad, sad thing}. Then to Walmart to pick up a few things I needed for the house. Sophie was very patient through all of these errands - I think she was just glad to be out of the house.

When I got home, I played in the yard with Soph, then I drilled holes in the closet doors and added the hardware I purchased. Then I cleaned our glass shower doors. Then I cleaned our bathtub in the hall bathroom. This was a very involved task that thankfully turned out well... let's just say we have been using the tub to hold all manner of things and to clean tools. It wasn't pretty. But it is now spic and span. And I am tired from all of the cleaning.

The house will be listed tomorrow and I have the task of making sure it stays CLEAN. This does not bode well for me cooking for myself in the near future since cooking = more cleaning.

Sophie and I will be heading to Atlanta on Thursday evening to spend a long weekend with Daniel {and to attend a friend's wedding}. I am so thankful that there are days of relaxation in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...