Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights - Way Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee

I can't believe that 4 weeks have passed since Daniel moved to Chattanooga. This weekend we opted to meet in Peachtree City (south of Atlanta) to attend a wedding. I took Friday off and loaded Sophie and all of our stuff into the car and drove down Thursday night after work {in the rain}.

It was such a relaxing weekend – we mostly layed around and did nothing. And it was awesome. We both needed the rest after all of the stress of getting our house on the market {now that it is on the market, there are new stresses, but we will cope}.

Friday night we went to the movies for the first time in several months. Saturday night was the wedding. Sunday we searched for an open UPS store that had a notary on staff because we needed to get some paperwork notarized {that we both needed to sign}. Then we headed to the Chattahoochee River Recreation Area where we went for a walk {and Sophie proved she was no longer afraid of water when she jumped INTO the muddy river}. After the walk, we dried {cleaned} Sophie off as much as possible then went our separate ways. Goodbyes do not get easier with time.

The weekend was like de ja vu from our college days – driving to meet up with Daniel for the weekend. It was bitter sweet and reminded me that I don't miss that year in college of driving back and forth 6+hrs every weekend. I hope we aren't separated for a whole year again...

On my drive home, a nasty storm chased me. The National Weather Advisory would come on the radio and inform me that the town I had JUST LEFT was under a tornado warning and that you should abandon cars and mobile homes immediately and take cover. This little warning came on the radio with each passing town, from Spartanburg, SC up I-85 to Charlotte, NC – definitely a drive that had me on edge. Thankfully we made it home safely {to my basement} and there were no actual tornadoes.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safely. Even though it went by fast it sounds like you had some great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that must have been a terrifying trip on your way home. I get scared of earthquakes here in California, I actually was never scared of them before, up until I had kids. Now I get very nervous as we run to their room when an earthquake hits. You just hear things falling and the load roaring sound of the earth and the kids screaming. As we run (stagger) to their room we wonder, when is it going to stop. They last only a few seconds but each second seems like an eternity when your running to get your kids to safety.

    It must be hard to be away from your husband. Hopefully you won't be apart for too long, it's so nice that you cherish and appreciate each moment with him. Men! gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, so glad you were able to make it back safely! the weather was pretty bad. and since you drove down to peachtree city, you passed me in atl! thanks for sharing! see you next week.
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the encouragement!

    Maria - I can't imagine going through an earthquake... I don't care for situations where I am not in control (hah).

    Tiffany - we had planned to do some fun "Atlanta-type" stuff, but we were so exhausted, we just hung out at our hotel... go figure :)

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...