Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights - Pillow Talk

Our entire weekend was a date in the sense that we got to spend 36 hours together.

It was nice to have Daniel home. It was hard to have to share our precious time together interviewing realtors, but I suppose that this is a necessary part of getting to the next phase of our life. Thankfully we are about ready to make a decision and our house should be on the market by next weekend or soon thereafter.

The best part about Daniel being home, was laying in bed and talking. I miss talking. Talking on the phone just doesn't cut it for me. And only having 20-30 minutes a day for phone conversations has been difficult. Sharing our daily lives through ongoing dialogue is a key element to our marriage.

I can deal with being alone. But I miss conversation. Friday night, in the dark, catching up on our week apart, was a nice way to end a very busy week.

2 comments:

  1. aww. that's so nice. we enjoy pillow talk too. sometimes that's all we need to feel connected again. glad you will have your house on the market soon. esp. after all the work you've put into it. we'll see you next week!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes just being together and being able to talk is more important than all the extras we try to throw into date nights. Keeping it simple is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...