Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Last Night in Texas


On our last evening in Texas Daniel and I headed to the beach for a pre-dinner swim in the Gulf. Initially I didn't plan on getting in the water, but on second thought I decided that I didn't want to be someone who never got in the water just because I am a "grown up."


The best part about the Gulf was watching the flying fish. They were about 12-inches long and they kept jumping out of the water, like they were trying to get over the waves. Too bad we didn't get a picture of them.


For dinner we went to Port A Pizzeria. It was buffet style {or a feeding trough as some of our friends say}. It was good, but it didn't really sit well with me, which is too bad because I really like pizza. Maybe if we had ordered a fresh pie it would have been better.


Port A had good reviews online, but I thought it was just okay. It kind of reminded us of a Mr. Gatty's or Mazzios.




We finished our evening by going out to the point to watch the sunset. It was a nice way to end our time in Texas.


1 comment:

  1. Texas is very nice place to live. Thanks for the nice pics you have posted.

    The
    Woodlands Movers

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...