Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pre 4th of July Shin Dig

The last few months have been crazy. We have been busy with one thing or another and haven't been able to have a get together with our local friends.

Compounding the problem is that TVA is currently implementing a program called "embedding" that has placed the younger engineers with various contracting groups at different locations. Lucky for us, Daniel was embedded at Bellefonte {where he actually works}. Several of the other engineers have been temporarily relocated to Chattanooga {on the upside for them, they get to stay in a city basically expense free}. This has made it difficult to hang out during the week {or on weekends because everyone has been busy}.

For the past two weeks, the engineers have all had training in Hollywood. I thought we should take advantage of the fact that people were in town so we invited a small group over to grill burgers and hot dogs and hang out. The guys played Corn Hole and we enjoyed visiting. We would have shot off some fireworks, but Daniel is a firm believer that it has to be absolutely dark before you do fireworks. Since it was a "school" night, everyone cleared out about the time it was dark enough. Oh well, we will shoot them off this weekend.

I love that even though the days are hot, the evenings are cool enough to be outside {as long as you can stand the mosquitoes}.

I have enjoyed having my workout partner back in town these past couple of weeks. I will be sad to have her gone again. Hopefully this embedding thing won't last too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...