Thursday, May 16, 2013

Conversations with Izzy


Before Jack or Levi came along, my niece Izzy stole all of our hearts. And while we are enjoying the antics of two little toddler boys running around {creating chaos}, having Izzy around to speak her mind can be quite amusing.

Here are a couple of interactions I had with her while driving this past week...

Saturday night, Daniel and I picked up Izzy and took her to my Aunt Becky's to celebrate my cousin's graduation from college.

Once everyone was buckled in, we had the following conversation:
Izzy: Do you have Tarzan?
Me: No, honey.
Izzy: Well, what are we supposed to do in the car? (we had a 45 minute drive ahead of us)
Me: You can either talk to us, or take a nap.
Izzy: I don't want to take a nap.
Me: Then you better talk to us.
She actually did great and entertained Jack {or he entertained her?} all the way to my aunt's house. #firstworldproblems 

Tuesday Izzy rode with me again. We were having a picnic at Centennial Park in downtown Nashville before everyone went their separate ways. Centennial Park is pretty big and I wasn't completely sure where the playground was.

I turned into the park off of 25th and at the first stop sign Izzy told me to turn right. So I did. Then we came to another stop sign and she said to turn left. So I did. Shortly after that we found the playground. 

I am so impressed that my almost-four-year-old niece knew how to find the playground in downtown Nashville!

It will be fun to see what type of things Jack and his cousins tell us as they continue to develop their language skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...