Thursday, August 08, 2013

Thursday Things {Random, August 2013)


1. This marks six weeks of Daniel working in his new location, two hours away from our home.


2. We could potentially be living like this (at a different place every week and at home every weekend) until December. Yikes!


3. Someone has already asked us if we have considered living in a camper again.


4. This is the first full week that Jack, Sophie and I stayed home. We have been trying to travel with Daniel (or visit family) but this week had some extra complications, so we stayed behind.


5. We are all missing Daniel. Everyday Jack asks for "Daddy" and Sophie whines at least twice. When the whining (dog) and crying (toddler) occur at the same time, it takes a serious toll on my patience.

6. I know Daniel is missing us too.


7. Since Daniel is away, I treated myself to takeout of Hibachi Chicken and Tempura Vegetables. I figured that I might as well do something that I enjoy (Daniel is not a fan of any kind of Asian cuisine).


8. Also, you know how cooking for two can be a challenge? Well cooking for just me and Jack is even harder.

9. I cleaned the house for the first time since our lives turned upside down. If you look at it from the perspective that we aren't actually here that often, it didn't need that much cleaning. However, toilets still get rings around them (even when they aren't being used) and somehow dog fur still accumulates everywhere.


10. Holding Pattern n. 1) A usually circular pattern flown by aircraft awaiting clearance to land at an airport; 2) A state of waiting or delay; a static situation; 3) a state of inaction with no progress and no change.

That pretty much sums up our lives right now. We have a lot of decisions that we need to make but it is kind of futile to make any until we are a little more certain about our future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...