Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Weekly Meal Plan

I want to be as transparent as I can on my blog, and this last week I didn't do a lot of cooking. After being gone for a week, I am still settling into normal life. We ate out some and had a lot of leftovers. Sometimes that is just life! Here are the links to the recipes I tried this week, along with my thoughts on each:

Pumpkin Pie
[recipe from the Libby's]
You can never go wrong with Pumpkin Pie. I made this to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. Jack and I gobbled it up over the course of the week.

Spaghetti with Meat Pomodoro Sauce
[sauce recipe via FoodieCrush]
This is the same sauce I used with gnocchi a few weeks ago, and it worked great with Spaghetti as well. I added crumbled Italian sausage for some protein.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole
[recipe via Jo Cooks]
I don't make a lot of casseroles, mostly because they make too many leftovers and there is only so many times you can eat leftover enchiladas, but this is a good dish. 

Probably better for a crowd though! I accidentally bought a green enchilada sauce instead of the red, but it still tasted good. I served it with corn chips (maybe carb overkill since the dish has rice it in), very good though.

Brown Sugar Turkey Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Carrots
[meatball recipe via Six Sisters]
I actually made this to take to a friend. It is some serious comfort food. I will have to make it again for us. Definitely a winner for a quick comfort food meal.

Oatmeal Cookie Smores Bars
[recipe via Crazy for Crust]
Talk about a crowd pleaser! I made this for our small group and it we about finished the pan off... granted the were 16 people that dug in, this stuff went fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...