Monday, September 04, 2017

Labor Day Parade, 2017


July 4th is typically one of my favorite holidays, but this year it was a bit of a bust. Partly because our town's annual bike parade got rained out.


This was the year our kids were going to ride their Gator in it.


We were cheered up to find out that the parade was to be rescheduled for Labor Day.


So we planned on joining in the parade on Labor Day this year.


It wasn't quite as big of a deal as July 4th (not as many people off for the day, I guess). But our family still had a fun day.


The kids wanted to get candy from the parade, so we met up with friends and watched from our usual spot.


As the end of the parade passed us, Daniel and the boys joined the parade making their way to the golf club.


I have been dealing with some pretty intense hip and back pain and didn't feel up to walking in the parade, so Daniel went with the boys and I drove the car over to meet them.


Daniel actually ended up making a new friend and got a ride in a golf cart while the kids drove ahead of him in their own little vehicle.


Every time we have a little milestone (even one where kids join in a parade for the firs time time), it makes me feel a little weepy.


At the golf club, the Lion's Club had food (it's one of their annual fundraisers) and bouncy houses and lots of fun things for kids.


We enjoyed seeing neighbors and friends and visiting and playing. The weather was perfect today and we were thankful to have Daniel home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...