Friday, September 29, 2017

Big Soddy Gulf Picnic


This was our second visit to Big Soddy Gulf to go swimming and we had another great day. The water was chilly, but the kids didn't seem to mind!


I think the highlights for the kids was finding a black snake sunning on the rocks (one of the girls really wanted to pick it up, but we steered the kids away), and feeding the fish with food from their lunches. The kids discovered that the fish really liked chips, but didn't come up for carrots!


Our group of friends that we meet with on Fridays has been expanding and we always seem to meet up with a slightly different group of people (we are the one constant that ALWAYS does Friday outings).


Anyways, I love when we are able to take friends who might not be as confidant going on a hike. It's a treat to do an easy hike and let the kids run a little wild in the great outdoors. It's one of my favorite ways to spend a sunny day.


Check back on Fridays to see our weekly outings.
If you're following along, here are our previous Friend Friday adventures this school year: August: Coolidge Park
September: Creative Discovery MuseumGreenway Farms PicnicChattanooga Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...