Thursday, April 08, 2021

Moores Go West: Day 21 (Travel Day)

Day 21 was mostly a travel day. Daniel got up early and worked at the Lodge down the road where there was WiFi. We rolled out of camp a little late and then had a delay from a landslide. We watched excavators work precariously high on a dirt slope above the gorge. We wondered how the men got up there and then passed a helicopter in the work zone. We drove through Fresno where we stopped for fuel. They only had bio diesel in the truckers bays and Daniel didn’t think our engine could run on it. We had a few errands in town which put us later than anticipated for Sequoia National Park. We decided to camp at the last campground outside the park and enjoyed a hot meal at a normal time of day, then a campfire and s’mores and a gorgeous night sky. Tomorrow we will see General Sherman and then we are debating our next stop. Pretty sure there are cows across the road from us that are going into labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...