Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Weekly Hike: Pot Point Loop

The plan was to hike the Ritchie Hollow Trail today and enjoy the coolness of the waterfalls along the way on this warm afternoon. We arrived and found the trail was closed for a “Big Game Hunt.” We decided it wasn’t in our best interest to risk anyone in our group being shot, so we did the Pot Point Loop instead. Alas, there were no waterfalls, but the kids enjoyed bouldering when we reached the top of the ridge, and then getting in the river for a bit as we neared the end. The final push was through a meadow set aside for monarch butterflies. We didn’t see any monarchs, but it was beautiful nestled right next to the Tennessee River. It wasn’t what we planned, but it was still a good afternoon spent in the woods with friends. 

This was our 35th hike for 2021 (35/52). We knocked out 5 miles bringing us to 108.5 miles hiked this year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...