Saturday, April 10, 2021

Moores Go West: Day 23 (Alabama Hills in California)

Day 23 of our trip we slept in after Daniel and I were kept awake all night from crazy winds at our boondocking site. The kids slept like babies. Once we mobilized we drove on to the Alabama Hills for some fun. We found an amazing campsite at the foot of Tall Rock. Once camp was set up we went to hike the Arches Loop hike. Supper was grilled salmon and asparagus. We watched rock climbers climb Tall Rock while we ate and then the boys went to climb big boulders before bed. 

We did the Arches Hike before dinner last night. We spotted the Heart Arch, Mobius Arch and the Lathe Arch. Mount Whitney is in the background behind us in the family picture with the Mobius Arch. Kids loved bouldering at this park. It was also cool to read about all the movies filmed here on Movie Road. Also, hiking with the kids lets us have fun conversations. Like when Isaac told me I shouldn’t eat or play with yellow snow.  

The Arches Loop Hike made our 31st hike of 2021 (31/52). We walked a total of 2 miles. This brings us to 93 miles hiked this year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...