Thursday, August 23, 2007

Family Reunion Weekend

I am really excited about this weekend. It is the Lock Family Reunion, which means I get to see a lot of my extended family that I do not see on a regular basis. I am also excited because almost the entire crew will be there and I haven't seen some of my cousins in a really long time.

This year's reunion is in Burnside, Kentucky. It is relatively central to where everyone lives. We have people coming from as far north as North Bay, Ontario Canada and as far south as Searcy, Arkansas. I suppose Daniel and I coming the farthest from the east from Charlotte, North Carolina but we definitely do not have the longest drive.


I am tying up some last minute things and then I will be off to pick up Daniel from work and we plan to head out around 3:00. I am excited that I will get to see Mark, Angela & Robert tonight and then everybody else will roll in sometime tomorrow. I am sad that my parents won't be able to get in until late tomorrow night, but I am thankful that they came and spent 5 days with us earlier this month (so I have already had my special time with them).


We tried this trip 13 years ago - meeting in Kentucky and all. Our family has changed a lot since then. There are 5 new grandkids in the family and 3 great grandkids (which I will get to meet for the first time this weekend). Our family has also grown with 5 of us grandkids getting married.


We have rented 3 rather large cabins at a resort in Kentucky and I am excited just to see everybody and kick back and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...