Friday, March 12, 2010

Pottery Barn Meets Urban CoffeeHouse

"Pottery Barn meets urban coffee house" is the phrase that Barbi, The Staging Girl, used to describe our home. 

On a recommendation from our realtor, we set up a consultation with Barbi {she stages homes for a living}. I have never felt so validated in my life as I did when Barbi walked through our home and then stopped abruptly to say, "What the hell do you guys need me for? You're house is perfect. Your realtor is going to laugh at me for saying this, but I would be doing you a severe injustice to charge you money when you have already done all of the work."

Free of charge, Barbi proceeded to give us very specific advice on minor things to change to make our home show the best.

She also gave us great advice like:
  1. Make sure before every showing to bake Chocolate Chip Toll House cookies
  2. Put a note on our fridge telling prospective home buyers to help themselves to a coke
  3. Have Michael Buble music playing
  4. Turn all of our lights on and the fans on low. 
She also suggested that we write a letter to our potential buyers telling them why we love our house and our neighborhood. 

She gave us 45 minutes of her time and wished us the best. This is a woman I would recommend in a heartbeat.

It makes me happy that she described our home as feeling like an urban coffee house. Also glad that we are able to fake Pottery Barn's look - as we are way too cheap to shop there.

2 comments:

  1. haha. That is awesome. I'm glad you got some good advice and she validated what a great job you guys have done! just wish I could come see it before you move! it will sell soon!! it will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEEt! thats awesome! lets start a house flipping company!!!

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...