Monday, October 04, 2010

Pumpkins

I'm not going to lie. Every year, I have good intentions of buying a pumpkin to carve. Most years I make the purchase, but I don't actually go through with the carving part. I think we might have carved one pumpkin when we were newly married. 

Last year, I saw this tutorial on how to use a doily and paint to decorate a pumpkin. I tried it out and loved it {I actually used a Sharpie marker instead of paint – less messy}. I also liked that I could leave it out past Halloween. 

{via}

This year, I am really liking the idea of using a pumpkin as a container to hold mums.

{via}

Since I am lazy about the carving part, this type of project would probably go into the pile of good intentions that never happen, but I do like the elegant use of the pattern.

{via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...