Saturday, March 31, 2018

Grandmother's 80 Birthday

Daniel's family threw a last minute birthday party for his Grandmother at Cracker Barrel to celebrate her 80th birthday!


What a monumental day! We are glad we were able to be a part. It's a little sobering to think that my mom is now close to the age that Grandmother was when I first met her! Time is hurrying by.


It was nice to reminisce about this lovely lady. Did you know that I lived with her for the summer before we got married? I had an internship in downtown Nashville with the Nashville Predators. She would make me breakfast every morning and we would have really long talks around her dining table.


For part of the summer her mom, Daniel's Nana, lived their too. She was diabetic and would hide things like Blizzards from Dairy Queen in the fridge and make Grandmother so mad. It was pretty funny living with those two ladies.


Sadly Nana passed away before we got married in December of 2002. I am so grateful for that time with them and to have those special memories with Daniel's extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...