Friday, March 30, 2018

A Year with Frog and Toad

*all photos of the play via the Youth Theatre at the Chattanooga Theatre Centre Facebook page


Less than a month after we saw The House at Pooh Corner at the Chattanooga Theatre Centre, we had the opportunity to see A Year with Frog and Toad


I have to confess that this was the play I was looking forward to the most, and it didn't disappoint.


The Frog and Toad books are some of my favorite stories from childhood and I had been looking forward to reading them with Jack. Knowing there would be a play to go along with it, made this even better!


I didn't realize that this play was actually a musical, and it was by far my favorite production we saw this year. The kids did such a great job performing, and they really followed the stories in the books.


This was the first book series that I had Jack read aloud to me and he really remembered all of the little stories.


Jack's favorite characters were, of course, Frog and Toad, but he also loved how the character of the Snail was handled. It was a minor character, but she had her own song that continued through the entire performance as she kept showing up to let us know she was still making the effort to deliver the mail to Toad! She was my favorite character too!


We had such a great time and are already looking forward to next school year when performances will include A Wrinkle in Time and A Charlie Brown Christmas!


After the show, we had a chance to meet the cast and take a photo with them. I can't tell you how impressed I was with all of the kids in the show!


Now that our kids are old pros at attending the theater, they expected to go to lunch at Good Dog (like we did after the last play we saw) and then play at Coolidge Park.


Unfortunately the carousel was undergoing maintenance, but the kids still had fun climbing the big magnolia trees and chasing each other.


Before heading home, we decided the weather was perfect for a little cardboard sledding, so we headed over to Cardboard Hill in Renaissance Park and let the kids slide down all sides of this steep hill.


It was such a fun way to spend our school day!


Productions we have had the privilege of seeing performed this year include: Charlotte's Web, The House at Pooh Corner, and A Year with Frog and Toad . We can't wait for next year's line up.



If you've been following along, here are our previous Friend Friday adventures this school year:
August: Coolidge Park
September: Creative Discovery MuseumGreenway Farms PicnicChattanooga ZooBig Soddy Gulf
October: Reflection Riding Center (Monday Friend Day) ⎮ Charlotte's Web
December: Christmas Cookie Party ⎮ Christmas Cookie and Bird Ornament Party
January: Creative Discovery MuseumHigh Point Climbing DayChallenger Center
February: Hidden Hills Farm Maple Syrup DayValentine's PartyThe House at Pooh Corner
March: Hidden Hills Tractor Day and Cardboard Sledding (sans friends)Cousins Visit the CDMCousins Visit the Tennessee Valley Railroad MuseumChester Frost (sans friends) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...