Thursday, March 15, 2018

Creative Discovery Museum with Cousins, 2018


Since there was a cold snap while the kid's cousins were here, we decided to visit the Creative Discovery Museum and the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum.


We have been visiting the CDM together since Jack and his cousin Levi were toddlers and we always try to make a stop when they are in town.


The upstairs level at the CDM has a revolving exhibit that changes several times throughout the year. It recently changed to an exhibit about Muslim People from around the world. It is always interesting to learn about different people and cultures.


The kids just enjoy being together.


I actually dropped off all the kids with my sister and brother and ran to get my car inspected. When I joined back up with them, we decided to sit outside on the museum steps and have a picnic.


Thankfully it had warmed up enough to be outside! When we went back in, we went up to the roof and enjoyed playing on the movement contractions there.


Jack's favorite spot is the Make It! room. He always makes a beeline to the hammer and nails. Cousin Izzy enjoys sewing and spent almost the entire time working on a project.


Isaac is a fan of river (water) play, and digging in the sand (I had to drag him away). While Levi is pretty laid back and seems to enjoy doing a bit of everything.


We always enjoy our time at the CDM and are always happy to go, especially if we get to visit with cousins or friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...