Friday, March 23, 2018

Fun Friday: Chester Frost


The boys have entered this stage of regularly hitting (punching) each other and I find myself constantly refereeing their fights that quickly escalate from playful to angry.


When I reach my limit with this and nothing is working, it’s time to get outside.


So we headed to the lake to throw rocks in the water and dig in sand (them), and lay back and stare at the clouds floating by (me).


Nature does so much to calm all of our souls.


We have plenty of playgrounds nearby, but sometimes you need to hop in the car and drive 30 minutes to the lake for a reset.


And I’m pretty sure we need to go camping stat.


The lake did the trick in redeeming our day. When the kids were good and sandy and starting to get hungry, I gave Daniel a call to make plans for dinner.



Since he was working at Chickamauga Dam that afternoon, we decided to meet in town for supper. So I took the kids to the library to wait for him to finish up a work.


It was a good way to end our school week! 



We normally try to meet up with friends on Fridays, but schedules don't always align. But we don't let that stop us from enjoying a beautiful Friday afternoon.




If you've been following along, here are our previous Friend Friday adventures this school year:
August: Coolidge Park
September: Creative Discovery MuseumGreenway Farms PicnicChattanooga ZooBig Soddy Gulf
October: Reflection Riding Center (Monday Friend Day) ⎮ Charlotte's Web 
December: Christmas Cookie Party ⎮ Christmas Cookies and Bird Ornaments
January: Creative Discovery Museum ⎮ High Point Climbing
February: Challenger CenterHidden Hills Farm Maple Syrup DayValentine's Day Cookie PartyThe House at Pooh Corner
March: Hidden Hills Farm Tractor Day ⎮ Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...