Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Canada Bound: Big Chute

Our family reunion is wrapping up. Most of our family headed home yesterday and today, a few of us went to Big Chute to see where boats are moved via a railway carriage from a lake to the river instead of a lock. Daniel May have been geeking out a bit checking out the chute and the powerhouse. It’s a beautiful area. 

We have made it to the halfway point of our trip and the last night at my aunt and uncles. We will be headed to the Niagara region tomorrow to see my nana and some additional extended family. We have laughed so hard, visited, danced and karaoked around bonfires, swam in the lake, watched sunsets together, and even learned a new card game (Canadian Salad).

“The family is link to our past, bridge to our future.” —Alex Haley

Trip Stats:

Campground: My aunt and uncle's yard at Bass Lake outside of Orillia, Ontario

Highlights: Big Chute, more family time

Days on the Road: 10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...