Thursday, August 08, 2019

Canada Bound: Niagara Falls

I have been visiting Niagara Falls since I was a little girl. If I am being honest, I despise the crowds (it's a lot like Gatlinburg), but I love the falls. It is a real catch-22.

On this trip, we discovered that the best time to visit Niagara Falls in the summer (peak season) is a rainy Thursday. We had off and on rain and got on the Hornblower (formally the Maid of the Mist) right away. No crowds made our visit to the falls a good one. We all enjoyed the boat ride and got soaked, as expected. 

I can't say that I have ever been able to view the falls with so few people in the summer (the winter, yes, but not August). Thank goodness we aren't afraid of a little water.

Trip Stats:

Campground: My second cousin's yard in St. Catherines, ON about 30 minutes from Niagara Falls

Highlights: Niagara Falls with no crowds!

Days on the Road: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...