Saturday, August 17, 2019

Canada Bound: Pinnacle Trail and Massie Gap

Yesterday we had a beautiful day for hiking the Twin Pinnacle trail in Grayson Highlands. Our trip is coming to an end. I’m not ready for it to be over. 

We did one final hike this morning up to Massie Gap and a short section on the AT. We saw a herd of wild ponies from a distance and a very pregnant pony up close. The next time we come up, we may try to do the round trip hike to Mt Rogers. We completed just under 3 miles before heading back to our camp to pack up and we are headed home now.  

Trip Stats:

Campground: Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia

Highlights: Hiking the Pinnacle Trails and Massie Gap

Days on the Road: 22-23

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...