Thursday, August 08, 2019

Canada Bound: More Family

My Nana lives in a nursing home in Niagara Falls and is no longer able to attend our family reunions. Thankfully we had the opportunity to go and visit her while we were in the area. She remembered who I was and we had a nice visit. She especially loved seeing our boys. I’m so thankful we were able to make the visit.

Afterward we spent some time at one of my aunt and uncle's homes. My parents were still in town so we were able to take advantage of some extra visiting with all of them.

Funny Isaac story: isaac fell asleep on the way to my aunt and uncles last night and slept through dinner. We woke him up a little before we left and tried to get him to eat some pizza but he was in a bit of a mood. My uncle suggested he try hot sauce on his pizza. And he said, “okay!” I told isaac the hot sauce would be spicy but he still wanted to try it. I dabbed a little on my finger and he said it was yummy. I dabbed a little more and he made a hilarious face, started blinking back tears, and said he still liked it. When we had to leave, he really wanted to take the hot sauce with us. My uncle gladly let him take it and now Isaac wants to carry around his little hot sauce bottle everywhere 🤣🤣🤣 

Campground: My second cousin's yard in St. Catherines, ON about 30 minutes from Niagara Falls

Highlights: Visiting my Nana, and also visiting more family while we were still in the area

Days on the Road: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...