Saturday, August 10, 2019

Canada Bound: More Cousins

We were able to make time to stay with one of my second cousins, and her family lives on a hobby farm. Isaac loved feeding the chickens and pigs and checking on the rabbits. I loved visiting with my cousin whom I haven't seen in ages

My cousin’s family is helping to take care of a small alpaca farm while their friends are on vacation, so we tagged along this morning to help them feed the alpacas. The kids loved helping and Daniel had a chance to reminisce about going to his grandpa’s farm with his dad when he was a kid and also remember having horses when he was a teenager. This is our last full day in Canada. Being with so many of our extended family has really been a blessing to us. 

We spent the last several days at the home of one of my second cousins. When I was ten, my family lived with her family for a season. She was at my grandpa’s funeral about five years ago, but we haven’t truly connected (besides Facebook) in a couple of decades. I just have to say, I’m so glad we had the chance to reconnect. We stayed up late, played cards, enjoyed her hobby farm — including fresh eggs each day, and our kids got along even though she has teenagers. It was so good for all of us! Her parents were there part of the time and we were blessed by our time with them as well. It may be a couple of years before we get back to Canada, but it is wonderful to know that so many deep and loving family relationships are waiting here for us to come back to.  

Trip Stats:

Campground: My second cousin's yard in St. Catherines, ON about 30 minutes from Niagara Falls

Highlights: Second Cousins and Hobby Farms

Days on the Road: 12-14

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...