Tuesday, May 05, 2020

CVSD: Day 55

I am caught in this weird place of being hopeful for the future and wanting to plan things, but also being completely unsure of the future, which makes me shut down a bit. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
We did a little pseudo camping this weekend. And we are dreaming up backpacking and paddling trips. I don't know if they will happen, but talking about our dreams feels good...


We spent the weekend doing some camping-related activities in the back yard. Jack is obsessed with building and maintaining a campfire and is getting pretty adept at this job.

We made some really delicious meals over the campfire including a Philly Cheese Dog, reminiscent of my favorite hot dog from Good Dog. We also cooked chicken strips over the fire and roasted apples for dessert. The kids were stoked to make smores on two different nights.

We are all really missing camping with friends this spring, but are hopeful that there will come a day in the future when we can camp again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...