Sunday, May 31, 2020

One Second Every Day: May


The month of May. I don’t have a lot of words right now. We are still in a pandemic. But people are surfacing again, desperate for human contact. This month we watched a policeman murder a black man, which led to protests of despair around our country and even the world. It’s been a heavy month. I am joining in prayer and opening my ears to listen to those who are hurting, while trying to instill a desire in my kids to love everyone and to stand up for everyone. In the midst of this hurt, we have tried to keep life as normal possible for our kids. Isaac finished preschool without a graduation ceremony. Jack finished second grade and misses his friends. The boys surpassed 50 nights of sleeping in cushion forts. It’s been a mixed bag, emotionally. Praying that June is better. Praying for healing of those with covid-19 and those who are hurting from experiencing racial injustice. Praying for healing and uniting in our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...