Friday, May 15, 2020

CVSD: Day 65

 
Our church was fasting together (to various degrees) for the entire month of March, and along with fasting we were reading the book Revival Starts Here (which is a great resource if you are curious about fasting). At the time, I was participating in a 24-hour fast once a week and specifically praying for ways to grow closer to both my family and Daniel's family. For various reasons, including the busyness of life and living in different places, we have all been drifting apart in recent years.

I never dreamed a pandemic would happen midway through that fast. But I can say that over the last 2.5 months, I have reconnected with my siblings and parents in ways I could have never anticipated.

We check in more frequently and have started doing a weekly family video chat every Friday afternoon. So while I don't care to be quarantined for this long, I am grateful for this chance to reconnect with my fam. We were just all too busy before the world ground to a halt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...